Commercial • Investment
Mr. Polebaum has written for a variety of widely read legal journals and publications. Some of these specialize in arbitration, while others address a wider set of legal issues. In addition, Mr. Polebaum has authored a treatise on commercial and investment arbitration.
- INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION: COMMERCIAL AND INVESTMENT TREATY LAW AND PRACTICE (ALM/Law Journal Press 2015, 2016 and 2017 Updates)
- COLLEGE OF COMMERCIAL ARBITRATORS' GUIDE TO BEST PRACTICES IN COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION (4th Ed. 2017) (Contributing Editor to Chapters on International Arbitration).
- Determining the Fate of Federal ICSID Award Enforcement, Law360 (April 6, 2016)
- Inside India’s New Investment Treaty Initiative, Law360 (February 19, 2016)
- Book Review, "Addressing Issues of Corruption in Commercial and Investment Arbitration," The Paris Journal of International Arbitration (2015/4).
- Oman Held Not Liable for Actions of State-Owned Enterprise, New York Law Journal (December 4, 2015)
- English Court Removes Arbitrator for Lack of Impartiality, Mealey's International Arbitration Report (April 2015)
- The English Courts Examine Multiple Dispute Resolution Clauses, Law360 (March 20, 2015)
- Abusive Reorganization of Investments to Obtain International Treaty Benefits, New York Law Journal (February 11, 2015)
- Finding of Arbitrator's Evident Partiality and Interlocutory Judicial Removal of an Arbitrator, Mealey's International Arbitration Report (February 2015)
- U.S. Supreme Court Holds That an Arbitral Tribunal's Decision on Precondition to Arbitration Is Entitled to Deference, International Arbitration Law Review (Vol. 17, Issue 3, 2014)
- Challenging the Validity and Enforceability of Arbitral Awards Is a Risky Endeavor, Mealey's International Arbitration Report (January 2014)
- Laos' Challenge to Arbitration Award Highlights Complexities in Enforcement, New York Law Journal (May 30, 2013)
- Looking to Enforce a Foreign Arbitral Award in the United States? Do Not Forget About Personal Jurisdiction, Mealey's International Arbitration Report (May 29, 2013)
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals Resolves a Disputed Issue of Law - U.S. Discovery Is Available in Private International Commercial Arbitration Proceedings, Mealey's International Arbitration Report (January 30, 2013)